CBARRC Fall Fun Day
Oct 20 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fall Fun Day Info & Directions
Please Join us for a day of lure coursing, good food and good company!
When: Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Where: Shannon Park Farm 414 Mount Hammond Lane, Charle Town WV 25414
Please make sure to pre-register for this event. We will be accepting registration and payment on arrival, but knowing how many people and dogs we will have for coursing and lunch is extremely helpful.
(PLEASE NOTE: you MUST pre-register for the tattoo clinic and holiday photo shoot if you plan on participating in these activities. Space is very limited and walk in space cannot be guaranteed.)
General Info and What to Expect:
• Everyone must sign in at the registration table upon arrival. Waivers must be signed and coursing must be paid for before a dog will be allowed to course
• When your dog is not running the course he/she must remain on a leash
• Everyone is responsible for picking up after their dog
• No females in season, please
• Feel free to bring lawn chairs and blankets so you have a comfy place to lounge in your down time
• Because this is a public park please be aware that other dogs (and the occasional horse) will be on the property. Please make sure to use caution when driving and when/if your dog is off leash
• $4 per dog per run for members
• $6 per dog per run for non members
• Dogs will be run on a first come, first served basis so sign in and pay for runs when you arrive. You will be given lure coursing tickets which you will then hand in to the person calling roll when it is your dog’s turn to run.
Lure Coursing Rules:
• All dogs must remain leashed when not running the course
• No females in season, please
• Puppy runs (which are shorter runs) will be offered for dogs under 1 year
• Length and number of runs will be based on the age, health and interest shown from each dog running
• For more questions on what to expect with lure coursing, click here
Agility Demonstration: 11 AM
• We will be hosting a soup and chili cook-off and dessert contest at lunch time! If you would like to volunteer to make soup, chili or a dessert please make sure to note this when you pre-register (you will get 1 free lunch for each dish you make but please still register for the lunch).
• The cost for lunch will be $6 for members, $8 for non-members (please buy a lunch ticket when registering).
• Please remember to preheat your soup or chili that morning before coming to the park.
• We will once again be offering an opportunity for a holiday photo shoot for you and your dog with professional photographer Terri Moore Kiefer.
• For an idea of what she can do, go to
• You must RSVP to ensure a time for the photo shoot.
• Tattoos will be $25 for the first dog, $20 for the second.
• Please be sure to bring the identification # that you want tattooed onto your dog with you – usually a microchip or AKC registration number.
• You must RSVP to ensure a place in the tattoo clinic.
Lunch and Club meeting (Noon to 1:00 pm):
• Please let us know on the registration page if you are bringing a dish to share and what it is. CBARRC will provide drinks and paper-goods/flatware. Those not participating in the pot luck are asked to make a donation of $5 towards lunch.
• NOTE: There is no guarantee that electricity will be available for heating food. Please plan a “cold” pot luck food item.
• Lure coursing will resume a 1:00 pm
Microchip Clinic (1:30 to 2:30 pm)
• Please register if you want your dog(s) chipped.
• If you are able to help out with lure coursing please contact Mike at [email protected]
• If you can help with food service, please contact Keith at [email protected]